MIBA is holding its first ever International convention, entitled “Malaysia – An Exponential Junction for Global Indian Entrepreneurs – a New Frontier”, on Friday, 15th July 2011 from 8am at The Gardens Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.The convention expects to propel the growth of Malaysian Indian SME businesses to the international platform. MIBA, established in 1999, now boasts a membership of more than 2,000 with a network of branches primarily catering to SMEs.
The Malaysian governments’ Economic Transformation agenda triggered the enthusiasm to get the Malaysian Indian youths into the Global market to seek business opportunities with over 25 million overseas Indians worldwide.
More than 150 foreign business chamber delegates from Chennai, Myanmar, Indonesia, Australia, Singapore and Nepal are slated to attend.
This seminar and the aim is to accelerate professionally, and seriously participate in new areas of SME industries in order to generate enthusiasm among the Indians to expand their talents overseas. Be part of this initiative to change your life style to realize the dreams of emerging as global business player
MIBA and SICCI being the joint hosts have invited Overseas Indian businessmen from Chennai, Nepal, Myanmar, Indonesia, Mauritius and Singapore. We anticipate a target of 150 foreign and 250 Malaysian delegates.
This convention is tailored to showcase the exponential capabilities of an emerging breed of skilled Malaysian Indians to the foreign delegates. Furthermore, matchmaking facilities will be arranged between Buyers-meet-Sellers to help the foreign delegates to source for products and services.
This Global convention is meant to address real time issues affecting our business community and offer alternative solutions to an emerging talented group of Malaysian Indian entrepreneurs.
- To establish an entrepreneurial hub for Malaysian Indians
- To create Global business opportunities for Malaysian Indians.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas among People of Indian Origin primarily engaged in International businesses
- Encouraging and fostering research activities that advance knowledge in international SME businesses and increase the availability of skill training material.
It is a full day convention, which will cover key business industries. Accordingly, we have categorized the various industries for the convenience of both the local and foreign delegates into:
- Timber – furniture fittings and elated industries
- Scrape metals, minerals and finished products
- Rubber gloves and related manufacturing products
- F & B manufacturing, including curry powder etc
- Domestic Air con manufacturing and supply
- Logistics and cleaning systems
- Medical & Biotechnology investment
This event is specifically designed to benefit aspiring entrepreneurs such as:
- New business entrants
- Established SMEs in business seeking expansion
- Successful SMEs looking for new export markets
- SMEs intending to go up market
- SMEs keen to JV with local or foreign companies
- To incorporate & transfer new technology and skill
- To relocate for market penetration
- To explore AFTA benefits and incentives
- How to be a successful Global Entrepreneur
- To develop Malaysia as an Asian Entrepreneurial Hub
- India as an economic power – its impact on Overseas Indians
- Challengers & Opportunities for Malaysian Entrepreneurs in the Global market
- Incentives for 10th Malaysian Plan for Entrepreneurs
- Next wave of Innovative Entrepreneurs
Download Brochure Here
Register Interest Online
Date : 15th July, 2011 (Friday)
Time : From 8.00am onwards
Venue : Grand Ballroom, The Gardens Hotel, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur
Convention fees: RM 250/- for a Dinner on Thursday 14th July, 2011 &
Full day Seminar on 15th July (incl. coffee breaks, lunch and convention kits).
Please call for further information:
Mr. NR Letch : +016 335 7692
Mr. Shan : +012 3838 007